Traveling Between the United States and Canada: Do I Need a Power Converter?

by Michael on November 3, 2010 · 0 comments

I’m about to head out for a short trip to Canada, where I haven’t been in ages. As I finished packing, I freaked out for a minute because I couldn’t remember if you need a power converter in Canada. Stupid, I know. Oh well, what can I say?

The short answer is “no,” you don’t need a power converter. The United States and Canada have the same national standard for electricity – 120V at 60 Hz. In other words, if you need to plug in your laptop, cell phone charger, or other electronic device, you’re good to go without anything special.

This is good news for me since I don’t happen to have a voltage converter laying around the house. Now I just have to make it there and back without picking up any bedbugs!

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: