Traveling Between the United States and Mexico: Do I Need a Power Converter?

by Michael on November 8, 2010 · 0 comments

As a quick followup to last week’s post about whether or not you need a power converter for travel to Canada, I thought I’d round things out and talk about the power situation in our neighbor to the south… Good ole Mexico.

Once again, the short answer is “no,” you don’t need a power converter if you travel from the United States to Mexico. The U.S. and Mexico have the same national standard for electricity – 120V at 60 Hz. Thus, if you need to plug in a laptop, cell phone charger, or other device, you won’t need anything special.

Now I just need to find the time to book a Mexican beach vacation. We hit Destin, Florida last spring and St. Augustine Beach, Florida this summer, but haven’t been anywhere particularly exotic.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: