Did you know that you can learn to be lucky? Sounds strange but, according to Richard Wiseman of University of Hertfordshire, it’s true. As it turns out, lucky people generate good fortune via four basic principles…
These principles are:
- They are skilled at creating and noticing chance opportunities
- They make lucky decision by listening to their intuition
- They create self-fulfilling prophesies via positive expectations
- They adopt a resilient attitude that transforms bad luck into good
And guess what? It appears that you can learn to be lucky.
I asked a group of lucky and unlucky volunteers to spend a month carrying out exercises designed to help them think and behave like a lucky person. These exercises helped them spot chance opportunities, listen to their intuition, expect to be lucky, and be more resilient to bad luck.
One month later, the volunteers returned and described what had happened. The results were dramatic: 80 per cent of people were now happier, more satisfied with their lives and, perhaps most important of all, luckier. While lucky people became luckier, the unlucky had become lucky.
In short, you should:
- Follow your intuition and respect your hunches
- Introduce variety into your life and break out of your routine
- Look for the positive side whenever something bad happens
Good luck! 😉