I recently migrated my e-mail into Google Apps (Gmail for your domain) and have been managing it via IMAP with Apple’s Mail.app. Following a recent OS X 10.5.x update, however, Mail.app started creating a Gmail label called “Apple Mail To Do.” If you delete it, it re-appears when Mail syncs with your Gmail account. Annoying.
The good news is that I’ve solved the problem (I think). Here’s what I did:
- Launch Mail.app and open the preferences
- Select the “Accounts” tab and select your account
- Select the “Mailbox Behaviors” sub-tab
- Uncheck “Store notes in Inbox”
- Select the “Composing” tab
- Select “On My Mac” from the “Create Notes & To Do’s in:” pulldown menu
- Exit and save preferences, quit Mail.app
- Open Gmail, delete the “Apple Mail To Do” label
That’s it. With any luck, the offending label with stay deleted.